Gideon

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Inspiration from The Toddler's Busy Book

I am really enjoying reading and getting ideas from this book! Thanks to Lucy for introducing it to me! I have set up several "busy boxes" on my old tv stand (which, by the way, I am LOVING not having the tv in the living room anymore). These boxes will have new stuff in them each day to keep my boys occupied during certain parts of the day. I think the way I will set up the day's new schedule is as follows:

1) morning routine (wake up, eat, dress, devotion, chore)
2) morning busy box
3) free play
4) lunch/cleanup
5) outing/physical activity
6) rest time/quiet busy box
7) prepare for supper/daddy coming home
8) evening routine

So, I got the little baskets from Deals--$1 each. I've filled them with some new stuff (new markers, stickers, play-dough, etc) and some old stuff (puzzles, books), and some re-purposed stuff (muffin pan, sponges, etc.--ideas from the book). Daniel is super excited about the busy boxes! He wanted to look in them first thing this morning! My plan is to get as much of my cleaning stuff done while they play with the boxes. I'm interested to see how long they will play (especially Gideon). One idea from the book I am using today includes putting little balls in a muffin pan and letting Gid move them around from hole to hole. I am also modifying an idea to include water play with sponges in aluminum cake pans. There are so many neat ideas to use and change for my own purposes. I also want to do some cooking with Daniel today. Anyway, there's the short version of some things I'm getting from The Toddler's Busy Book! :)

No comments: