A lot has happened over the past couple of months. Instead of writing it all, I'll just list some stuff in bullet form...
- Phillip's parents went to Virginia for Christmas to visit their daughter and her family, so we spent the whole holiday with my family. This was Daniel's first Christmas so that made it special, although he didn't know what was going on. We tried to get him to open his presents but he didn't really even get into that. Some of the presents he got were shoes (size 3), clothes, an old-fashioned spinning top (from Aunt Sarah), some books, a little wooden chair that looks like a zebra (from Aunt Amy from Africa), a LeapFrog toy that he can stand up and play with (from Grandmommy and PaPa), and the list goes on. He actually got a lot of stuff!!
- On New Year's Day we went to the Blevins's. It was Phillip's Dad's b-day so we went to celebrate (plus Nathan and Amanda were visiting). Jan gave me complete license to decorate her guest bathroom so we worked on it quite a bit over Christmas break. It's looking very pretty (at least I think so!). :)
- In January, Daniel was sick a lot. He got a cold first with the whole runny/congested nose bit. That lasted for about 1 1/2 weeks. Then right after that he picked up stomach virus (maybe the flu) and was vomiting, had fever, diarrhea, and was just miserable for about 2 weeks. We eventually had to take him to the doctor because I was afraid he was getting dehydrated. While there we found out he had an ear infection (poor guy). So, he was taking medicine for nausea as well as his ear. Phillip and I also got the stomach virus but just for one day. But still, we were all so miserable!! Daniel is finally feeling better now and he's actually acting happy again. Yeah!
- Two Saturdays ago, Bruce (Phillip's Dad) had to go to the emergency room because he was having severe pains in his abdomen. The doctor eventually diagnosed him with Olgivie syndrome. Basically, the instestines (in his case the colon) "act" like there's a blockage in them although there's not really. Doctors aren't sure what causes the syndrome but it is more common in older people. Anyway, Bruce was in the hospital for 8 days and is finally home again. I know he is much better although not completely. We are very thankful that he did not have to have surgery to fix the problem.
- Daniel is about 10 1/2 months old and today he really started walking! He has been taking a few steps here and there for a while, but today he started walking across the living room; and once when I went down the hall to my bedroom, he actually followed me. It's finally clicked!! We are very excited! :) He's also saying more words: "da-da," "ma-ma," "uh-oh," and "bye-bye." His favorite sound to imitate is a barking dog. He can be half asleep in the car and if a dog barks, he'll start barking in his sleep! :)
Well, Daniel has woken up from his nap, so I'll have to stop for now. I think I got most everything in here that I wanted.